[Chandler-dev] svn down?

Mike Taylor bear at code-bear.com
Thu Apr 27 09:20:55 PDT 2006

The wiki issue was just a case of search-bot related slowdowns.  Looks
like the yahoo search bot decided to hit a lot of pages in the Main
wiki web and that triggered some serious depth-first searches.

The search is done now and the wiki is responding normally.

We (that's the royal IT we ;) already have plans in place to upgrade
the current wiki search from the current file based method to a lucene
search method which will significantly reduce the amount of time in the
search process.

I've let the IT team know that bot related slowdowns are on the rise so
they can be aware of the issue.