[Chandler-dev] Compiler versions

Mike Taylor bear at code-bear.com
Wed Apr 19 21:28:50 PDT 2006

On Apr 20, 2006, at 12:23 AM, Reid Ellis wrote:

> Ubuntu has similar problems. As I am running Dapper Drake, my gcc is v
> 4.0. I will install gcc-3.3 and gcc-3.4 and try them. Unfortunately, I
> don't think Ubuntu has anything like gcc-select to choose a global
> default gcc version. Perhaps just manually changein the symlink for
> /usr/bin/gcc will do?

That's exactly what I do - it's only 5 or 6 symlinks and the are all in
/usr/bin

The default selection for Drake runs just fine now - I haven't had any
issues building Chandler under Drake.  Well, except for the small fact
that I need to remove libstdc++.so.6 from our release/debug directory.

---
Bear

Build and Release Engineer
bear at osafoundation.org