[Chandler-dev] Feeds parcel is now a plugin egg - please "make purge"

Katie Capps Parlante capps at osafoundation.org
Tue Apr 18 09:41:17 PDT 2006

Philippe Bossut wrote:
> The consensus was to simply take those FT out for the moment so we have
> the parcel port in, we give some time to Bear to change the build system
> in alpha3 and we don't panic the Apps team with those FT breakage on a
> daily basis during alpha2.
> I'd really like to have Release Engineering (Heikki) reading on it so
> that we can move forward.

I'm not really clear on this from the apps team notes, but my
understanding is:

- the functional tests that cover feeds are not currently breaking
- the functional tests could break easily if we tweak feeds and don't
get the tarballs updated
- if the functional tests did break easily or frequently, that would
cause extra work for the apps team

I'd rather see us revert Phillip's change than disable the functional
test -- I'd hate to see regressions pile up in sample parcels. We're
going to be blocked on porting parcels anyway until we get the build change.