[Chandler-dev] Feeds parcel is now a plugin egg - please "make purge"

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Apr 18 09:42:33 PDT 2006

At 09:34 AM 4/18/2006 -0700, Philippe Bossut wrote:
>There's no doubt that parcel eggs are great stuff and I'm glad we do have
>an example of it. The only problem we have is that this particular parcel
>is used by Functional Tests so breaking it is technically a no-no. As I
>said, we did discuss this subject at the Apps meeting but we didn't make a
>decision there (apart from talking about it on the list... :) )
>
>The consensus was to simply take those FT out for the moment so we have
>the parcel port in, we give some time to Bear to change the build system
>in alpha3 and we don't panic the Apps team with those FT breakage on a
>daily basis during alpha2.

I think I'm confused now; is this daily breakage because changes are being
made to the application that require frequent changes to the feeds parcel?

I want to make sure that you are not saying that there is functional test
breakage *even with* up-to-date versions of the feeds parcel egg.  If you
*are* saying that, then we need to back out the feeds parcel port until egg
updates can become automatic, as it doesn't make any sense to hold up the
apps team work in this way.