[Chandler-dev] Help with schema.Text vs schema.Lob

Grant Baillie grant at osafoundation.org
Mon Apr 17 18:26:39 PDT 2006

On Apr 17, 2006, at 18:16 , Ted Leung wrote:

> So I started working on converting ContentItem.body from type
> schema.Lob to type schema.Text, per our previous conversation
> <http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-dev/2006-April/
> 005753.html>.
>
> It appears that you can't index attributes of type schema.Text.
> Andi, does that sound right?  I tried to look in repository/schema/
> Types.py, but there's no entry for Text in that file.  Did the
> definition move into C code?    Here's the stack trace that I got
> when I tried to run Chandler -- running the unit tests produces
> some similar errors in other parts of the system.
>
> Ted

ContentItem.bodyString is a calculated attribute on ContentItem that
was put in place by Donn because converting Lobs to strings (and vice-
versa) is a pain. Now that body is a Text, you probably want to
replace all uses of bodyString with just body , and remove the
bodyString calculated attribute from items.py.

--Grant