[Chandler-dev] The type of ContentItem.body [bug 3531]

Brian Kirsch bkirsch at osafoundation.org
Fri Apr 14 16:07:05 PDT 2006


 >>> +1 this will ensure that content that is not Unicode or ASCII is 
stored in the body.

Hum, that sentence is a bit ambiguous  what I am trying to say is:

This will ensure that *Only* content that is Unicode or ASCII is stored 
in the body attribute.

--Brian

Brian Kirsch -  Cosmo Developer / Chandler Internationalization Engineer
Open Source Applications Foundation
543 Howard St. 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
http://www.osafoundation.org



Brian Kirsch wrote:

> >>> Let's try that again.
> >>>I am going to convert the type of ContentItem.body from schema.Lob 
> to  schema.Text.
>
> +1 this will ensure that content that is not Unicode or ASCII is 
> stored in the body.
>
>
> -Brian
>
> Brian Kirsch -  Cosmo Developer / Chandler Internationalization Engineer
> Open Source Applications Foundation
> 543 Howard St. 5th Floor
> San Francisco, CA 94105
> http://www.osafoundation.org
>
>
>
> Ted Leung wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> Thanks to Heikki for the catch.
>>
>> Ted
>>
>> On Apr 14, 2006, at 2:57 PM, Ted Leung wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, based on the feedback so far, I am going to convert the type of  
>>> ContentItem.body from schema.Lob to schema.String
>>>
>>> Ted
>>>
>>> On Apr 12, 2006, at 9:44 AM, Morgen Sagen wrote:
>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Apr 10, 2006, at 4:22 PM, Ted Leung wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> This is an attempt to resolve <https://bugzilla.osafoundation.org/ 
>>>>> show_bug.cgi?id=3531>
>>>>>
>>>>> Currently the type of ContentItem.body is schema.String
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> If I'm not mistaken, 'body' is actually a schema.Lob right now,  
>>>> but +1 to making it schema.Text.  Perhaps we could it even make it  
>>>> more clear what this field's purpose is by renaming it to 'note'  
>>>> or 'text' or something.
>>>>
>>>
>>> ----
>>> Ted Leung                 Open Source Applications Foundation (OSAF)
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
>>>
>>> Open Source Applications Foundation "chandler-dev" mailing list
>>> http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/chandler-dev
>>
>>
>>
>> ----
>> Ted Leung                 Open Source Applications Foundation (OSAF)
>>
>>
>>
>> _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
>>
>> Open Source Applications Foundation "chandler-dev" mailing list
>> http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/chandler-dev
>
>
> _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
>
> Open Source Applications Foundation "chandler-dev" mailing list
> http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/chandler-dev



More information about the chandler-dev mailing list