[Chandler-dev] Moving forward with the wx on the trunk

Philippe Bossut pbossut at osafoundation.org
Fri Apr 14 09:44:17 PDT 2006

Heikki Toivonen wrote:
> I think what you are thinking/proposing is that John redoes the
> incremental wx changes on the trunk, checkin things in as he goes.

Yes, that's what I was proposing (or some variation of it) because I
thought he couldn't repro the whole set of failures on his machines.
Apparently, I  was mistaken so, yes indeed, having him do the tests on
his own set of machines is much better.
> However, I don't think this is a good idea for a few reasons:
>
> * First of all, if we did this we wouldn't need the wx39 branch at all
> * If we did this, it would make it more difficult to test the alpha2
> fixes (we'd have to wait until all wx issues are fixed)
> * Redoing the old checkins is error prone

Agree with all that but if the FT failures were only seen on the
Tinderboxes, I don't see how else we could do. Anyway, since is a moot
point since I was wrong in my assumption.

Conclusion: I agree with your plan Heikki. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Cheers,
- Philippe