[Chandler-dev] Moving forward with the wx on the trunk

Robin Dunn robin at alldunn.com
Fri Apr 14 08:15:58 PDT 2006

Heikki Toivonen wrote:

> Note that my understanding of the plan is that there will be no
> incremental checkins anywhere. John uses the past svn revisions to find
> the bad checkins in his local tree. He does *not* redo the incremental
> checkins again on the trunk to find out when things break.

Right, that is my thought as well.  Just use the old revisions in SVN
without any changes until the failures start, then examine the
differences between that revision and the previous.

	NNNN = 9544
	while NNNN < 10250:
		svn up -r NNNN
		if any wx files updated:
			build
			test
			if errors:
				break
		NNNN += 1

	svn diff -r NNNN-1  -r NNNN
	find problem(s)
	fix
	test
	be happy

This can be done on all three platforms at once, and if it's only the
FT's that need checking then the while loop could probably even be
automated.

--
Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman