[Chandler-dev] Full build status

Mike Taylor bear at code-bear.com
Thu Apr 13 19:45:18 PDT 2006

When you make changes to anything in external or internal you *MUST*
monitor the full tinderboxes.

With the recent changes to the procedures that were requested, the
notifications are not sent out and I do not monitor the full
tinderboxes like I do the quick builds.

Yes, some breakage will occur, but the windows full build has been hung
for hours and the linux full build has been in a tight error loop for
just as long.

When this happens and the log doesn't show anything that means
something has broken during the ramp up to a build.

This is why my cell phone number is on the wiki - for someone to call
me so I can check out the situation.

The reason for the current failure is because some wx generated files
that were in SVN were locally modified.  When John removed them from
the repository SVN could not perform the delete.  So SVN did what it
should have done with locally changed files, it failed.

Please monitor the builds after a commit and if you are that busy that
you cannot check a web page every 15 minutes then let me know so I will
know to check.

---
Bear

Build and Release Engineer