[Chandler-dev] FYI: don't share .pyc's between platforms

Bryan Stearns stearns at osafoundation.org
Wed Apr 12 15:49:29 PDT 2006

For those of you who didn't say "duh!" when reading that subject (Hi,
Andi!): I've had a problem doing remote debugging for quite a while
where Wing gives a succession of "can't find source file" alerts with
strange paths when it hits breakpoints or exceptions.

I mentioned it on the wing-users list today, and John at Wingware
answered back quick reminding me that the compiled .pyc's have source
path info in them - deleting them (find $CHANDLERHOME -name \*.pyc -exec
rm {} \;) made this problem go away.

I'm mentioning this now so hopefully it'll occur to you if you try
something like this someday :-).

...Bryan