[Chandler-dev] wxPython branch

Marc Colosimo enzo69mc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 07:22:23 PDT 2006

I've been a lurker on this list for some time and have occasionally used
Chandler. I use Python almost exclusively at work, but not for GUI stuff. I
am really impressed with Chandler's distribution and use of wxPython.

I think it would be great to roll out a branch for people to use to build
wxPython GUI applications. I use OS X mostly, sometimes linux (and windose
when forced). If I wanted to make something using wxPython and have other
people use it, it is a pain. I quickly looked over how the OS X app bundle
was made and it seems very interesting but possible over kill.

What I would like to see (even help with) is a build system fo wxPython apps
(plus and minus python). The OS X app has python 2.4 built-in and linked to
the build Framework path (otool -L python). A better solution is discussed
here: <
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/BPFrameworks/Tasks/CreatingFrameworks.html

This uses xCode and I haven't found a pure gcc solution (what flag to set),
nor can I find how you guys built this.

Basic parts: wxWidget, wxPython, application, util, ...

Enzo