[Chandler-dev] wx tarball, SWIG and functional tests update

John Anderson john at osafoundation.org
Mon Apr 10 17:17:48 PDT 2006

Hi Philippe:

Here's an update:

Robin verified that OSX functional tests failed with the old SWIG. So it
appears it isn't a SWIG issue as David suspected.

Various other bugs were found in the 39 tarball until Heikki backed it
out this morning, e.g. Reid discovered that the python shell in Chandler
broke and Dan saw unicode errors on Unbuntu. Robin emailed me a fix for
my grid lines bug. I suspect we'd find more bugs in 39 if we did more
testing..

I spent the day mostly working on my wxGrid changes to scale column
widths. I got it working in the grid sample demo and finished
preliminary testing. Next I need to try it in Chandler, which I'm
guessing will be easy -- although I can't check it in until we resolve
the 39 tarball issues.

I'm still guessing that getting the 39 tarball ready by Thursday is
unlikely to happen given the number of known problems that need to be
resolved. Alternatively we could always roll back to 36 then add the
wxGrid fixes.

John