[Chandler-dev] feedback

Mimi Yin mimi at osafoundation.org
Mon Apr 3 14:39:13 PDT 2006

Hi Arnaud, thanks for writing up this feedback. I have a couple of
comments/questions about the first item (see in-line).

Mimi

On Apr 3, 2006, at 7:10 AM, Arnaud Lapiere wrote:

> Hello,
> I've just tried chandler, and I'd like to give you my feedback
> I've had some difficulties trying to understand the way it works,
> but I think it's ok by now.
> Version: 0.6-1 (rev 9430 build 0.6.1)
> The usability/bugs problems I've encountered are :
> 1) the check-marks seems inconsistent :
>   a * when the 'myCalendar' (green)  is selected, checked or not,
> you see every events of all other calendar.

The "My calendar" is similar to the "Library" collection in iTunes.
It contains all of your events (unless you specifically select the
option to keep events out of 'My calendar'). In 0.6 we changed the
name from 'All my events' to 'My calendar' in order to simplify the
design for people who would only ever have 1 calendar. However, we
will be re-addressing the naming of this collection for 0.7. You're
not the first person to be confused by this behavior so it's great
for us to have anecdotal data on this issue.

>   If shared Calendar (blue) is checked, you see some green+blue
> events => ok
>   If shared Calendar (blue) is unchecked, you see the myCalendar in
> green + the shared calendar in 'grayed' green => no sense. Is it a
> bug ? I expected to see only the 'myCalendar' events, but I may
> misunderstand

Question: Was the shared Calendar (blue) selected, though not
checked? If not, it may have been a performance issue. Did the shared
Calendar eventually disappear? How long did you wait?

>   b * when the 'Trash' collection is selected, I except to see only
> 'trashed' events, but I see all events of all collections !
> (colored if collection is checked, trash-color if unchecked). It
> seems like a bug too ?

Yes, we would like to temporarily "turn-off" all checked collections
when you select the Trash. In the future, the Trash should show up as
a list of items, not a calendar.