[Chandler-dev] feedback

Arnaud Lapiere arnaud.lapiere at meilleurmobile.com
Mon Apr 3 07:10:29 PDT 2006

Hello,
I've just tried chandler, and I'd like to give you my feedback
I've had some difficulties trying to understand the way it works, but I
think it's ok by now.
Version: 0.6-1 (rev 9430 build 0.6.1)
The usability/bugs problems I've encountered are :
1) the check-marks seems inconsistent :
   a * when the 'myCalendar' (green)  is selected, checked or not, you
see every events of all other calendar.
   If shared Calendar (blue) is checked, you see some green+blue events
=> ok
   If shared Calendar (blue) is unchecked, you see the myCalendar in
green + the shared calendar in 'grayed' green => no sense. Is it a bug ?
I expected to see only the 'myCalendar' events, but I may misunderstand
   b * when the 'Trash' collection is selected, I except to see only
'trashed' events, but I see all events of all collections ! (colored if
collection is checked, trash-color if unchecked). It seems like a bug too ?
2)  I can create, move, delete some events in 'Trash'. I don't see the
use, it is quite confusing ..
3)  I've created a test collection, the default color was the same than
trash Collection ! Quite confusing too
4) The SyncAll form is quite un-userfriendly, but that seems normal for
a beta. In a final version, I'd appreciate a 'silent' dialog, which
pop's up only if an error is encountered.
5) As a feature request, I'd propose a cron-syncAll (syncAll every X
minutes)
6) Very high memory consumption, 40-70Mo with an empty calendar !
7) Closing doesn't close totally, "Error, chandler instance already
running" error, have to kill manually chandler in task manager at each
Chandler start (WinXPSP2)

Anyway, it seems very promising, and I'd like to congratulate every
developpers for this brillant piece of sofware !

Best regards,
Arnaud, french user