[Dev] Re: [Design] Chandler in a Nutshell

Mimi Yin mimi at osafoundation.org
Mon Sep 26 14:38:43 PDT 2005

Today, people are already "facetizing" tags on Delicious, doing
things like tagging bookmarks as:

Tag = Status: To read or
Tag = Project: Foo

So we would probably want to provide UI workflows that are similar to
the way people are already "facetizing" tags.

Maybe a better way to think of facetizing tags is simply: adding
semantics to Tags, making them more specific, which will be more
understandable to users.

Tag is a generic way to label items. Project is a more specific way
to label items.

Facetizing a Tag is simply the act of making the Tag (ie. Foo) more
specific and saying that it's Project.

The workflows that are described below, don't require the user to
understand what a "Facet" is, they just have to decide they want to
make Tags more specific.

http://wiki.osafoundation.org/bin/view/Journal/
ChandlerInFifteenMinutes#FacetizingTagsWorkflows
Mimi

We can also help users by providing hints. ie. They type in Foo as a
Tag, which they've already Facetized to be Project:Foo, and we
provide some auto-complete hint: "Project: Foo".

Mimi