[Dev] SVN conversion status update

Mike Taylor bear at code-bear.com
Thu May 26 00:14:57 PDT 2005

I've finished the final tweaks to the Tinderbox client programs to work
with SVN.  The quick or "make install" builds are running and have been
green for a couple cycles now.  The windows and linux full builds
should go green next cycle but ahukini won't get restarted until I
upgrade it's version of Python tomorrow.

Currently the Bonsai information is not being updated - that's on my
todo list for tomorrow and also the "CVS" column on the Tinderbox
Status page has been removed until I finish the changes to the
Tinderbox2 code to support SVN.  It's taking me a bit longer than usual
because I'm trying to write it in a style that will allow it to be
accepted back into the Mozilla code tree instead of just being a quick
hack :) -- well that and it's also Perl ;)

Morgen has upgraded the ViewCVS program so that you can browse the CVS
and SVN tree.

Anyhow, I haven't heard any voice any major issues about the SVN
conversion -- let me know quickly if you have any problems as the
longer you wait the harder it will be for me to adjust or rollback if
that is needed.

Thanks to everyone for being patient this morning as the conversion
went longer than I thought it would.

I would like to thank Morgen for handling the ViewCVS upgrade and svn
account updates, Heikki for updating LXR and Grant and others for
editing my SVN notes and putting it on the wiki.  (I hope I didn't miss
anyone)

I've taken a lot of notes on the reasons for and the how-to's of the
conversion - later when everything settle's down I'll make a blog and
wiki entry about it in case anyone wants to know the gory details.

---
Bear
http://code-bear.com

http://www.osafoundation.org