[Dev] Updated Recurrence spec

Jeffrey Harris jeffrey at skyhouseconsulting.com
Tue May 24 19:39:38 PDT 2005

Hi Folks,

I've overhauled the architecture section of the Recurrence spec (see
<http://cvs.osafoundation.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/docs/specs/rel0_6/Reccurence-0.6.html?rev=HEAD>).

Brief synopsis of the (finally reasonably fleshed out) architecture I'm
proposing:

3 EventMixin Kinds:
CalendarEventMixin             - master or non-recurring events
CalendarEventModificationMixin - modifications to a master event
CalendarEventOccurrenceMixin   - auto-generated, read-only item

Edits to events must be preceded by a makeModification call and followed
by a finalizeModification call to properly destroy outdated occurrences
and modifications (and do lots of other black magic).

Occurrences are generated by the query system calling
createOccurrencesBetween(start, end) for recurring events and
modifications when it processes queries with date ranges.

I'd like to write sample code, but I haven't yet and it's late and I
wanted to give folks something to chew on now :)

Comments welcome.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey