[Dev] CVS to SVN conversion plans

Mike Taylor bear at code-bear.com
Mon May 23 17:48:27 PDT 2005

I am not quite sure yet - I have the various pro's and con's and I have
to run them up the flag pole to see what features they enable or
disable irk the most people.

Currently svn+ssh is what is active but that requires an active shell
account on the svn server - clearly not a good thing when non-OSAF
people need commit privs.  Also svn+ssh allows access to all the
repositories that are on the server with no way to easily mix and match
write privs based on the project.

The built-in authentication that svn uses allows for the different
permissions and it will also cache the password the first time you use
it so that's not too bad.  But I plan on having a test repository up
tomorrow so people can try it out so I can get some feedback.

---
Bear
http://code-bear.com

http://www.osafoundation.org