[Dev] Parcel namespaces and the schema API

Ted Leung twl at osafoundation.org
Tue May 10 17:32:23 PDT 2005

On May 10, 2005, at 5:26 PM, Phillip J. Eby wrote:

> Removing <namespace> is of course the potentially controversial
> bit, so if you know of any reasons why it should remain, or have
> any input as to what the deprecation period before its removal
> should be, please respond.  Thanks!

I don't think that we have enough third party parcels to make it
worth having a long deprecation period.  Based on our experience,
once the Python API is available, my guess is that people will switch
wholesale, making any question of deprecation for third parties moot.

----
Ted Leung                 Open Source Applications Foundation (OSAF)
PGP Fingerprint: 1003 7870 251F FA71 A59A  CEE3 BEBA 2B87 F5FC 4B42