[Dev] Parcel namespaces and the schema API

Ted Leung twl at osafoundation.org
Tue May 10 17:32:23 PDT 2005

On May 10, 2005, at 5:26 PM, Phillip J. Eby wrote:

> Removing <namespace> is of course the potentially controversial
> bit, so if you know of any reasons why it should remain, or have
> any input as to what the deprecation period before its removal
> should be, please respond.  Thanks!

I don't think that we have enough third party parcels to make it
worth having a long deprecation period.  Based on our experience,
once the Python API is available, my guess is that people will switch
wholesale, making any question of deprecation for third parties moot.

Ted Leung                 Open Source Applications Foundation (OSAF)
PGP Fingerprint: 1003 7870 251F FA71 A59A  CEE3 BEBA 2B87 F5FC 4B42