[Dev] Twisted and SSL?

Bryan Stearns stearns at osafoundation.org
Wed May 4 08:34:14 PDT 2005

I'm trying to dip my toe into the vast ocean that is Twisted, by writing
a little web app that'll get a page from somewhere else, process it, and
return it to me.

Unfortunately, the "somewhere else" web server requires SSL (it's our
Bugzilla server). Twisted.web's getPage works fine for normal pages, but
throws from way down deep when the url starts with https: it can't
"import OpenSSL as SSL".

I'm using my Chandler copy of python to run this, and I thought we got
Twisted to use M2Crypto for our mail SSL connections... Is there a way
to get Twisted to use it for HTTP S page requests? (or can anyone hint
at what my next step ought to be?)

Thanks,
...Bryan