[Dev] Tiger switch test?

Andi Vajda vajda at osafoundation.org
Tue May 3 21:45:02 PDT 2005

> Well, I tried a full build, but didn't get past persistence/db:
>
> /usr/bin/libtool: for architecture: cputype (16777234) cpusubtype (0) file:
> -lSystem is not an object file (not allowed in a library)
> make[2]: *** [libdb-4.3.la] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [build] Error 2
> make: *** [persistence/db] Error 2

Seems to build fine for me. Here is what I did:
   - installed Tiger on a firewire drive, with a 'scratch' install
   - booted from it
   - installed Tiger dev tools included on the DVD, omitting gcc 3.3 (only gcc
     4.0 got installed)
   - fixed the links in /usr/bin that make gcc/g++/cc/c++ point to an
     inexistant gcc 3.3 toolchain to point to the gcc 4.0 one
   - checked out a new osaf tree
   - cd external/persistence/db
   - make
     it built fine, without anything unusual

I didn't do a full chandler build yet. I'm still building gcj from the most
recent gcc 4.1 snapshot. For that, I also had to fix another bogus link in
/usr/include: /usr/include/stdint.h needs to point at gcc/darwin/4.0/stdint.h
instead of gcc/darwin/default/stdint.h

So far, 10.4 seems allright. Even Virtual PC 6.0 appears to work just fine.

Andi..