[Dev] OSAF Status Overview, July 26
sheila at osafoundation.org
Tue Jul 26 17:48:19 PDT 2005
* Based on some further analysis of the remaining 0.6 tasks for
the apps team, we have decided that we need to have an additional
milestone M6 in 0.6. M5 will be as planned on Aug 24th and M6 will be
on Sept 14th (3 weeks later). The release date will be adjusted
accordingly to Nov 2nd 2005.
* Progress: Mimi presented virtuality vision to osaf last week.
Will work on follow-up paper and thinking about big issues for 0.7
and logging 0.6 bugs. Sheila helped with estimates for remaining 0.6
work and coordinating recurrence/timezone tasks.
* Plans: Final review of sharing spec, checking tasks and bugs
for M5, 0.7 planning, CSG re-calibration mtg planning and OSCON demo.
* Sheila at OSCON Aug 3-5
* Progress: Proceeding on M5 work. All 0.6 tasks logged in
bugzilla and swagged.
* Plans: Completed assignment of whole 0.6 workload left and
identified necessary 3 week M6. Continue with M5 tasks.
* Philippe, Bryan, Jed and John are at OSCON next week.
* Progress: Integration work started and in progress.
* Plan: John, continuing with integration and addressing issues
with support from Ted and Andi.
* Progress: added Text (an alias for UString, LocalizableString),
added new repository types for schema api. Updated specs and reviewed
i18n tasks with apps team.
* Plan: Refine gettext API proposal to allow dynamic registration
of localization files, Begin working on i18n Repository additions,
meet with QA to design test.
* Progress: Fixed a bunch of sharing bugs. zanshin: Most of the
way through implementing detection of CalDAV support, the MKCALENDAR
method, and correctly retrieving the CalDAV calendar resource type.
Detailed spec review.
* Plan: Continue Zanshin CALDAV work, publish individual ics
files, support unpublish and unsubscribe, work on sharing dialogs.
* Progress: Set date for ACL presentation
* Plan: Investigate the differences between the different ACL
systems we will be using, review zanzhin plans and API to figure out
what makes sense regarding higher level ACL API.
* Progress: Implemented saving and retrieving default timezone,
first cut at tz popup in calendar. Added support for handling this
and future events.
* Plan: Proxy work for editing recurrence, handle import of
calendar with recurrence, some beginnings of gui work for recurrence/tz.
* Progress: more work on Flickr parcel, ported del.icio.us parcel
to schema API, more parcel loader work (implemented experimental
alternative, analyzed perf), moved parcel and parcel.manager out of
chandler.pack. Implemented draft startup and thread extension points.
* Plan: look at implementing other extension points in terms of
Startup and Thread, experiment with translating current parcel.xml
files to Python, add progress callbacks to the "Startup" extension,
to support displaying startup status in the progress bar
* released PyLucene 1.0
* Progress: Testing this week's checkpoint, continue with idle
chandler memory tests, code review CPIA script and working on next
set of enhancements necessary to use CPIA script for regression testing.
* Plans: Add utility methods and test cases to CPIA script,
develop test plan for i18n, usual review and triage of tasks and bugs.
* Progress: Added support for MKCALENDAR.
* Plans: Mat's started July 25th and will coming up to speed with
chandler and cosmo and beginning a research project on ajax and other
continuing to add CALDAV support and working on GETing and PUTing
* Brian M at OSCON next week.
* Plans: OSCon Aug 1-5 and planning for Aug CSG meeting
* Progress: 30 tickets closed this week. Office network perf
plan approved, backup status evaluated.
* Plans: begin network perf and backups updates. Implement cosmo
demo server (pilikia replacement).
More information about the Dev