[Dev] 0.5 Proposal for Menu Cleanup

Morgen Sagen morgen at osafoundation.org
Fri Feb 11 06:10:46 PST 2005

These changes all look fine, especially promoting the 'Accounts...'
menu item up a level.  I suggest that in addition to Test -> Generate
Data we add a Test -> Generate Lots of Data menu item which creates,
say, 1000 items of various kinds.  Even 1000 items isn't all that much,
but we should probably get in the habit of testing Chandler using a
larger set of content items.

I would also like to add a couple menu items: one allowing the user to
subscribe to a remote iCalendar (.ics) file such as those published by
Apple iCal, and another to publish a collection of events to a .ics
file on a webdav server (so that iCal can subscribe to it).  These two
features are doable using the Test menu today, but I would like to
promote them as official Chandler features in 0.5.

Someone suggested that since we can now fetch from multiple IMAP
accounts at once, the File -> Sync -> Mail menu could be expanded to
show all IMAP accounts and allow the user to sync them individually.
Ditto for File -> Sync -> Shares.  I'm not sure how hard it is to
dynamically add/remove menu items based on the result of a query,
though.

~morgen