[Dev] re: feeds tutorial
cubranic at cs.ubc.ca
Wed Dec 14 08:04:51 PST 2005
A few quick comments on the tutorial, as I'm reading it along. (It's a
very nice read so far, by the way. I really like it!)
* I found the import line in "feeds/__init__.py" confusing: how come
it's importing from "channels"? FeedChannel and FeedItem are in
"channel.py" (singular), so this looks like a typo. If it's not,
could you please explain the rule a bit?
* In "Creating a menu item" section, third paragraph: "the
Repository installs your parcel into Chandler". Didn't you say
earlier that the Repository is just an object/relationship store?
How can it install anything?
* "the mainview variable refers to a specific area of the Repository
... called a 'parcel'" -> this contradicts your earlier def'n of
* "The parcel's name is more or less the same as the current module
name." -> seem irrelevant to the surrounding text
* "Any attributes of the mainview variable" -> "Any" doesn't seem
right here. You can probably drop it.
* Don't break into separate paragraphs "the MenuItem is
automatically a child of the Menu" and the following sentence. I
think they're too logically connected for that. Maybe even link
them with some kind of conjuction, like "That is, when
CollectionMenu is assigned ..."
* In "Adding Behavior" section: "can activate a BlockEvent when they
are used" -> it should be singular, "when it is used"
* "Events are dispatched to different Blocks", but you said that a
controller gets activated?
* Are events stored in the repository for each generated event? It
sounds that way from text, but to anyone who has done GUI
programming, it seems hard to believe. It's more like a defiition
of an event type is stored in the repository.
* "acontroller" -> missing space
That's about as far as I got, sorry. I'll see if I can finish it on the
bus to work this morning.
More information about the Dev