[Dev] Rotating build sheriff duties?

Heikki Toivonen heikki at osafoundation.org
Wed Dec 7 13:50:48 PST 2005

Andi Vajda wrote:
>> And still there are cases that I don't think can be automated, so I
>> don't see how humans could be completely eliminated from the loop.
>>
>> In any case, building all of the infrastructure is going to take time.
>> We have a need for the sheriff now.
>
> How about hiring one ?

Being a sheriff should normally take less than 20% of your work day,
even with the tools we have now. The time is somewhat scattered, though,
so you'd be limited in what you could do the rest of the time (assuming
you can't switch contexts fast). So I can't think of a way to justify
hiring anyone for that position when we can do it on a rotating duty
with such a minimal impact.

--
  Heikki Toivonen