[Dev] Rotating build sheriff duties?

Heikki Toivonen heikki at osafoundation.org
Wed Dec 7 12:39:32 PST 2005

Andi Vajda wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Heikki Toivonen wrote:
>> - there's nobody to make sure that people actually act on the email, or
>> that they even are there to read the email in the first place (I would
>> expect the sheriff to call if there is no response to IRC or email ping)
>
> If instant response is what is desired, have tinderbox call my cellphone
> and speak some klingon or send me an SMS.

AFAIK Tbox script can not determine how urgent any given failure is.

And I certainly would not want it to call me for every failure I might
have caused, only as a last resort if IRC or email goes unanswered for a
certain period of time. This could of course be automated.

SMS reliability is a joke in my experience in the US.

All in all I think trying to have Tbox call people seems like too
fragile and too much work, although technically interesting challenge.

I would expect the sheriff to call only if the failure requires
immediate action and can not get a response from the committer on IRC or
email in a reasonable time.

--
  Heikki Toivonen