[Dev] [windows only] gcj upgrade notice
vajda at osafoundation.org
Wed Sep 8 17:29:48 PDT 2004
This notice affects all people developing on Windows and doing their own full
Chandler builds. All others can ignore this message.
This Friday, on Windows, the Chandler build is to be upgraded to using gcc
3.4.1 instead of 3.3.1 for PyLucene and SWIG.
1. if you didn't set GCJ_HOME in your environment, then running
'make compilers' is enough
2. if you did set GCJ_HOME, then you need to either:
- unset GCJ_HOME
- make compilers
- upgrade manually and set GCJ_HOME to your new 3.4.1 installation.
Those upgrading manually can choose to do so using the information below.
The gcc/gcj 3.4.1 binaries that were uploaded to:
are made from the following steps:
- download http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/MinGW-3.1.0-1.exe?download
- download http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/gcc-core-3.4.1-20040711-1.tar.gz?download
- download http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/gcc-g++-3.4.1-20040711-1.tar.gz?download
- download http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/gcc-java-3.4.1-20040711-1.tar.gz?download
- choose a root directory for your installation, say d:\mingw-3.1-3.4.1, the
MinGW-3.1.0-1.exe installer will prompt you
- install MinGW-3.1.0-1.exe by running this executable
- install the three gcc components (core, g++ and java) by untarring the
archives while in the d:\mingw-3.1-3.4.1 directory
More information about the Dev