[Dev] Build: generated code

Mark Jaffe markie at osafoundation.org
Tue May 18 10:58:10 PDT 2004

Ted,

I guess it was not clear that I implied checking in the generated *.py
files so that the "chandler" tree as extracted from CVS would actually
be runnable as-is, without any "build" steps required. Your statement
implied NOT checking in the generated files.

Mark
On May 18, 2004, at 10:26 AM, Ted Leung wrote:

> That's fine by me.  I prefer that we not check generated artifacts
> into source control.
>
> Ted
>
> On May 18, 2004, at 10:14 AM, Mark Jaffe wrote:
>

>> After considering this issue from several viewpoints, it seems to me
>> that this really does belong in the repository portion of the tree,
>> and we should have (and it will be documented) the requirement that
>> any portion of the "chandler" tree remain "non-compiled". This
>> obligates the maintainer of this portion of the code to be
>> responsible for generating the resulting *.py files, with full
>> disclosure of the method of regenerating from the source *.g (which
>> should also be checked in!)

Mark Jaffe                                  | (415) 946-3028 (work)
Release Engineer                    | (408) 807-2093 (cell)
OSAF                                           | (415) 946-3001 (FAX)
markie at osafoundation.org    | http://www.osafoundation.org/
PGP Fingerprint: 3435 EB88 6424 F5DF F2CA EF16 2DBF DFEF 143C 1ADE