[Dev] OSAF Office Hours Wednesday 11 AM PST, topic: Protocols

Grant Bowman grantbow at grantbow.com
Tue May 11 13:10:29 PDT 2004

* Ducky Sherwood <ducky at osafoundation.org> [040510 17:37]:
> This is a reminder that the next OSAF Office Hours will be this
> Wednesday, May 12 at 11 AM Pacific time (18:00-19:00 GMT/UTC/Zulu).
>
> This, week, Lisa Dusseault and the Services group will be leading a
> discussion about protocols in Chandler.  This obviously includes IMAP,
> POP3, SMTP, as well as some protocols that we are looking into now
> (WebDAV) and some that we haven't chosen yet (like some way to find peers).
>
> As always, our Office Hours are at irc.osafoundation.org, channel
> #chandler.
>
> Please join us!

Oh, I didn't know folks where looking into peer finding protocols.  I
recently did some research into ZeroConf (one implementation is used by
SubEthaEdit) and summarized it in a wiki page.

        http://vi-improved.com/wiki/index.php/ZeroConf

There is interest from Alexander Klimetschek (DocSynch's author), Bram
Molenar (Vim's author) and from members in the Vim community about
SubEthaEdit functionality added to Vim.

Regards,

--
-- Grant Bowman                                <grantbow at grantbow.com>