[Dev] pylucene fsdirectory patch and unicode issue
mitch at osafoundation.org
Tue May 4 08:24:05 PDT 2004
Thanks for your patch and being a Chandler community pioneer!
On May 2, 2004, at 5:06 AM, Kapil Thangavelu wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-05-01 at 19:16, Andi Vajda wrote:
>> I just integrated your changes. Here is what I did:
>> - The patches were relative to the 'old' build sources. Our build
>> is in
>> flux, we are about to move to a 'new' build and there has been
>> quite a bit
>> of shifting around in our CVS repository. The sources of PyLucene
>> that are
>> actively maintained are in internal/PyLucene.
>> For more information on the 'new' build infrastructure, please
>> I manually added FSDirectory to PyLucene.i and to the make files
>> re-generated the rest.
> sorry about the extra work, i'm using the new build system now, and
> send future patches (to bugzilla) based on that.
>> - The problem with the unicode test was that you were passing a
>> string to an InputStreamReader. As in Java, where I borrowed this
>> from, input streams are for bytes and readers are for unicode
>> If you want to read unicode chars from a unicode string you can:
>> - encode it as utf-8 bytes and pass it to an InputStreamReader,
>> which is
>> a little wasteful since the job of the InputStreamReader is
>> to stream
>> unicode characters
>> - or pass the unicode string to a StringReader which I added a
>> for in your tester and to repository/util/Streams.py. Your
>> tester is
>> also checked into the new internal/PyLucene/test directory.
> aha, just when i thought it was safe to forget java ;-)
> thanks for the clarification,
> _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
> Open Source Applications Foundation "Dev" mailing list
More information about the Dev