[Dev] pylucene fsdirectory patch and unicode issue

Kapil Thangavelu hazmat at objectrealms.net
Sun May 2 05:06:50 PDT 2004


On Sat, 2004-05-01 at 19:16, Andi Vajda wrote:
> I just integrated your changes. Here is what I did:
> 
>   - The patches were relative to the 'old' build sources. Our build is in
>     flux, we are about to move to a 'new' build and there has been quite a bit
>     of shifting around in our CVS repository. The sources of PyLucene that are
>     actively maintained are in internal/PyLucene.
>     For more information on the 'new' build infrastructure, please see:
>         http://wiki.osafoundation.org/bin/view/Jungle/NewBuildInstructions
>     I manually added FSDirectory to PyLucene.i and to the make files and
>     re-generated the rest.

sorry about the extra work, i'm using the new build system now, and will
send future patches (to bugzilla) based on that.


> 
>   - The problem with the unicode test was that you were passing a unicode
>     string to an InputStreamReader. As in Java, where I borrowed this idea
>     from, input streams are for bytes and readers are for unicode chars.
>     If you want to read unicode chars from a unicode string you can:
>       - encode it as utf-8 bytes and pass it to an InputStreamReader, which is
>         a little wasteful since the job of the InputStreamReader is to stream
>         unicode characters
>       - or pass the unicode string to a StringReader which I added a class
>         for in your tester and to repository/util/Streams.py. Your tester is
>         also checked into the new internal/PyLucene/test directory.
> 

aha, just when i thought it was safe to forget java ;-)

thanks for the clarification,

-kapil





More information about the Dev mailing list