[Dev] Re: mixinAClass vs Query

Ted Leung twl at osafoundation.org
Mon Jun 14 13:42:12 PDT 2004

As far as the query part of the discussion goes, I'm not sure what Donn
is saying that queries don't return enumeration values.  The Query
class that we have today doesn't, but there's no reason why a query
shouldn't be able to return any attribute value of an item, even if the
type of the attribute is Enum.   That aside, I'm not sure that you'd
necessarily want to use a query to do what you are discussing here.  If
you could imagine writing a query that returns all Blocks that have a
particular (Enumeration) attribute value, then that would be (in my
opinion) an appropriate use of a query.

Ted