[Dev] Re: Chandler's version of Python

Don Dwiggins d.l.dwiggins at computer.org
Fri Feb 6 19:09:54 PST 2004

Morgen Sagen writes:
> Off the top of my head, I know that for Python I snipped out the code on
> Windows that checks the system registry for the location of installed python
> extensions because they were getting loaded instead of the ones we were
> providing.  I'll have to check CVS to see if there are other diffs.  For
> wxWindows I think we have some changes that allow it to compile under
> VisualStudio7.1, but again I'll have to check CVS.

Thanks for the feedback and the effort.  My main concern is as a user of
this Python -- is there anything I should be careful of when writing code?
For example, it looks like it's a 2.3 release; can I rely on the standard
2.3 documentation (I have ActiveState 2.3.2 installed)?  And a similar
concern for wxPython; I currently have 2.4.2.4 installed on my Win2K
machine.  I'd like, for instance, to be able to create site-package modules
that I can put in both the "stand-alone" and the Chandler versions.

Regards,
Don