[Dev] Feature freeze milestone

Katie Capps Parlante capps at osafoundation.org
Fri Feb 6 15:36:40 PST 2004

All,

The bug council reviewed the open bugs, and decided to extend the date
of the code freeze by one week, pushing out the release date by one
week. We think this will give us time to polish up cpia bugs and code,
and to polish up the existing views a bit.

The schedule highlights:

0.3.08 (Feb 17, 2004): Code Freeze
0.3.09 (Feb 24, 2004): Documentation Complete
0.3 Release (Feb 26, 2004): Tag CVS, downloads on the web, announce

A more complete schedule of OSAF events can be found here:
http://wiki.osafoundation.org/twiki/bin/view/Chandler/OSAFPublicEventsSchedule

A couple of reminders:

(+) When you create a new bug you think ought to be fixed for the
release, please give it a target milestone of "0.3 Release". You can
give a bug a new target without changing its status. The bug council
will move it to the "0.3.08" target if it is approved.

(+) When you are checking in a fix, its a good idea to note the bug# in
the cvs commit comment. All checkins require a "code buddy" or "code
reveiw". This means that you should get someone to look at the diffs of
your change before checking them in (either in person or over email). As
Heikki points out, it helps catch mistakes, makes it easier to fix
mistakes when they happen, and helps spread knowledge around.

Cheers,
Katie