[Dev] OS X M.14 problems

Morgen Sagen morgen at osafoundation.org
Fri Feb 6 09:08:01 PST 2004

On Feb 6, 2004, at 8:00 AM, Ilan Volow wrote:

> I'm still running OS X 10.2.8, so if Panther is required, interrupt me
> now.

Hi Ilan,

The binaries are built/tested on Panther (in fact some of the libraries
we use won't build on Jaguar), so no guarantees about running on
Jaguar.  I mention this in the "Compatibility Notes" section on the
general download page (
http://wiki.osafoundation.org/twiki/bin/view/Chandler/GettingChandler )
and on the specific M_14 download page (
http://downloads.osafoundation.org/chandler/snapshots/M_14/ ).  Sorry
if it wasn't clear.

As I don't have a Jaguar machine to test on, I would be interested in
seeing exactly where it fails on Chandler.   You could try running
Console.app and looking at the logs to see if it shows an error.

By the way, running Chandler.app/Contents/MacOS/RunChandler directly
from the shell won't work because OSX sets various variables ($execdir,
$resdir) when you run the app by double-clicking on it (or via "open").
  Here's the contents of RunChandler:

#!/bin/sh

execdir=$(dirname "${0}")
executable="${execdir}/python"
resdir=$(dirname "${execdir}")/Resources
main="${resdir}/Chandler.py"
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="$resdir/lib"
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH="$resdir/Library/Frameworks"
export DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH
PYTHONPATH="$resdir"
export PYTHONPATH
PYTHONHOME="$resdir/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3"
export PYTHONHOME
cd ${resdir}
exec "${executable}" -O "${main}" "$@"