[Dev] Calendar API

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 16 09:12:31 PDT 2003

Hello John:

--- John Anderson <john at osafoundation.org> wrote:

> You'll have to know the schema for the Calendar Item
> and be aware that the data model in the repository
> differs from Python's data model.

You are describing the current state of affairs.
I am asking whether things are going to stay that
way. For example, look the Contact Parcel. Contact.py
is written in such a way that a Python programmer
can use the Contact Parcel without having to know
anything about the Contact Parcel's internals
or its schema.  This makes a developer's life easier.
I also suspect that if the Contact Parcel's
internals change, this ought not greatly affect
Contact parcel's clients.

Cheers,
Andrew