[Dev] Calendar on Andi's new repository

Katie Capps Parlante capps at osafoundation.org
Thu Jul 24 17:38:09 PDT 2003

FYI,

The calendar viewer parcel has been updated to use the new repository.
Although we're at some sort of nadir in terms of # of repositories
chandler now creates, it gets better from here as we migrate everything
to the new repository.

The calendar should have the same functionality (and bugs) that it did
before, including save/reload, move/copy, delete, etc. I've tested it on
xp and osx, let me know if you encounter any other new problems.

As an aside, if you see this error when running Chandler:
   ImportError: no module named persistence.FileRepository

try deleting the *.pyo or *.pyc files in Chandler/application/model and
be sure to do a full "cvs update -d" to pick up new directories. As part
of the effort to get the new repository in use, Morgen moved some
depricated code to Chandler/application/model_depricated. As we migrate
to the new repository, this code will go away.

The data in the new repository is created in a directory at
'Chandler/__database__'.

Cheers,
Katie