[Dev] help wanted wiki page
Kaitlin Duck Sherwood
ducky at osafoundation.org
Fri Jul 11 14:01:44 PDT 2003
I've created a page on the OSAF wiki for "bite-sized" projects: small,
self-contained, projects with clear delieverables. I'm hoping that this
will be an easy way for people to contribute.
The first request is for help on internationalization, in particular on
I18n Input Methods
We could use a brief report on how input methods work, particularly in
We would be grateful if someone could augment our existing wiki page on
with the following:
* A discussion on the state of how well input methods work right now
with wxPython. Can a user fire up a Japanese input method, type in
Latin, and get the appropriate Japanese character(s) into a wxTextCtrl?
* If it's completely transparent and works completely
transparently on all platforms (i.e. we don't have to write ANY
additional code or handlers), then tell us that and you're done.
* If we need to use special classes or something to handle input
methods, please explain what we need to do.
* If there are workarounds needed, please explain those.
* If there is something known to be fundamentally broken, please
* If support for input methods is just plain missing from
wxPython, please tell us.
* If input methods are somehow fundamentally broken in wxPython, and
we would need to understand fundamentals of how the operating system
deals with input methods, then we could use information on how each OS
handles input methods. Links to appropriate documentation for input
methods on Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows would be great. Links to open
source code that manipulates or implements input methods would be even
If you don't know what an input method is, see its glossary entry at:
More information about the Dev