[Dev] risks [was (db policy) transparent persistence]

Chris McDonough chrism at zope.com
Wed Nov 27 20:00:27 PST 2002

FWIW, I think you need to work out the functional requirements of
Chandler at a high level and then see if you can map them to other
technologies.  This should be done on an as-needed basis only after you
know what it is you want Chandler to fully do.

But breaking my own rule above, as far as Zope goes, from what I've been
reading so far, I'm not sure that there's much in the way of code that
Chandler can "steal" from Zope other than possibly ZODB.

One observation: your requirement to use ZODB from other languages may
be a bit troublesome, because at the core it really is just a bag of
Python objects and makes no attempt to be a generic OODB framework for
other languages.  So you will end up needing to implement lots of
"bridge" machinery to access ZODB objects directly from other languages
or you will need to use some lowest-common-denominator RPC mechanism to
get at data in the ZODB.

- C