[Dev] Another introduction from OSAF staff

Mitchell Baker Mitchell at osafoundation.org
Tue Nov 26 10:09:38 PST 2002

My name is Mitchell and I too have joined OSAF recently.  My role is to
promote development practices at OSAF that build a successful open
source project.  I'll be focused on designing good practices for
distributed development, creating good feedback channels, and driving
the integration of qualified contributors into the core development
team.  In some cases this will be an informal set of suggestions.  In
other cases it will include the development of formal policies for the
project, which I also do for the Mozilla project.  And of course, there
will be a whole lot of organizational activity that falls somewhere in
between. As you might imagine, Chao and I will be working very closely
together. In general, I'm the person to drive process or development
style type discussions -- how can OSAF work effectively with the
community.  Chao will be much more deeply focused on the product and
therefore on the implementation of our processes.   Chao and I each have
a slightly different focus, but we are basically the "dynamic duo" for
community issues.

You can reach me at mitchell at osafoundation.org or the