[Dev] RDF tripes and Chandler data models

Kent Sandvik sandvik at mac.com
Fri Nov 22 11:57:50 PST 2002

On Friday, Nov 22, 2002, at 11:09 US/Pacific, patrickdlogan at attbi.com
wrote:

> Given that contacts and messages are made up largely by volumes of
> fairly regular many-to-many relationships I wonder if a star schema
> model would simplify some things?
>
> I am not suggesting it would have to be in the form of a relational
> database, but the model itself seems to apply. I've been infatuated by
> them for the last few years.

I'm not an expert on this, but how does RDF handle indeed
relationships, let's say an annotation on a record? Ex: There's one
document stored, and various people write small annotations to it.
Sometimes you want to list all annotations for the document, or who
made the annotations, and what's the latest annotation (could be done
in a relational database schema)? --Kent