[Dev] Mitchell Baker Joins OSAF Staff

OSAF info at osafoundation.org
Mon Nov 18 08:31:58 PST 2002

*Chief Lizard Wrangler Joins OSAF Staff*

We are pleased to announce that Mitchell Baker, Chief Lizard Wrangler at
mozilla.org has joined the OSAF team to guide relations with the Open
Source Community and Partners. She will also continue her involvement
with the Mozilla project.

Mitchell will guide OSAF's relations with its growing community, the
Open Source community, developers, consumers and potential customers.
She will help OSAF develop a work style that allows the entire community
to participate to the maximum extent feasible. That means getting
information dispersed as quickly and effectively as possible, developing
good feedback channels, driving the integration of qualified
contributors into the core development team, developing policies for the
project when necessary, and whatever else develops. Our shorthand for
this is that she will oversee OSAF's "Community and Partner Relations."
Since OSAF developers are currently deep in the design phase, Mitchell
will start by looking at how the team is currently working and
suggesting techniques through which design discussions can be
communicated more effectively, feedback can be evaluated and integrated,
and interested participants can get involved. While the existing OSAF
mailing lists are a great start, there is certainly more that can be done.

At Mitchell's request, her role at OSAF will be part-time. She will
continue her role as Chief Lizard Wrangler at mozilla.org. OSAF will
fund a portion of the time she spends working on the Mozilla project as
part of its mission to support the development of Open Source applications.

Mitchell commented, "I can't think of two roles that better complement
each other and I'm extremely gratified by OSAF's support of the Mozilla
project. I'm very proud of what the Mozilla project has achieved.
Sharing what we've learned with the OSAF should benefit everyone. I'm
doubly lucky to be involved in both projects and excited about the future."