[Dev] Existing p2p systems for getting offline node back up t o date?

THoffman at indtech.wa.gov.au THoffman at indtech.wa.gov.au
Wed Nov 13 17:04:09 PST 2002

Maybe Elvin does

http://elvin.dstc.edu.au/

Regards

Tim

On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 02:06, Ray Ryan wrote:
> This is an excerpt from a discussion on the Design list.
> <http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/design/2002-November/
> 000896.html>

> >   MCF> Regarding peer-to-peer sharing: There are a number of
> >   MCF> message-passing system (Spread and the like) which support
> >   MCF> synchronisation with hosts which may be offline at the moment
> >   MCF> the message is sent (without a centralised server).
> >
> > Spread is not such a system.  Spread will deliver a message to every
> > current group member and provides a variety of reliability
> > guarantees.  In all cases, a message is delivered to currently active
> > group members.  It does not store messages.
> >
> > Spread is a very nice package, regardless.
>
> If Spread doesn't support this kind of thing (catching up on messages
> delivered while offline, or otherwise getting back in sync), what does?
>
> Ray

DISCLAIMER: This email, including any attachments, is intended only for use
by the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or personal information
and may also be the subject of legal privilege. Any personal information
contained in this email is not to be used or disclosed for any purpose other
than the purpose for which you have received it. If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained in it. In
this case, please let me know by return email, delete the message
permanently from your system and destroy any copies. Emails and their
attachments may be interfered with, may contain computer viruses or other
defects and may not be successfully replicated on other systems. All
attachments are opened at the recipient's risk.