[Dev] Existing p2p systems for getting offline node back up to date?

Andy Hertzfeld andy at differnet.com
Wed Nov 13 12:07:48 PST 2002

Ray Ryan wrote:

> If Spread doesn't support this kind of thing (catching up on messages
> delivered while offline, or otherwise getting back in sync), what does?
>
> Ray

       One simple answer is email.  I think we can use email for lots of
store-and-forward sharing purposes.  Emails with special headers sent to
other instances of Chandler wouldn't be presented as normal email but
instead be used as the store-and-forward part of the sharing framework.
 You could even build a Groove-like, transaction-based relay server out
of simple email, so no special purpose servers are required to be deployed.

-- Andy