[Dev] Source Code Revision Control Infrastructure

Michael R. Bernstein webmaven at lvcm.com
Sat Nov 9 23:15:57 PST 2002

I am cross-posting this to the 'dev' and 'process' lists at Mitch's
suggestion. It was part of a longer summary of the types of
infrastructure both the community and OSAF core developers need.

Mitch also confirmed that the OSAF currently intended to use CVS.

Source Code Revision Control
----------------------------

I'll let others more qualified than myself discuss their relative
merits, but there seem to be three contenders for this piece of
infrastructure:

* CVS - http://www.cvshome.org/

* Subversion - http://subversion.tigris.org/

* arch - http://www.fifthvision.net/open/bin/view/Arch/WebHome

Comparison chart (seemingly slanted towards arch):

http://www.fifthvision.net/open/bin/view/Arch/SubVersionAndCvsComparison

One thing I would recommend regardless of the source control solution is
several 'announce' mailing lists specifically for source code checkin
announcements.

Michael Bernstein.