[Dev] Python Version?

Michael R. Bernstein webmaven at lvcm.com
Sat Nov 9 11:36:03 PST 2002

On Sat, 2002-11-09 at 07:24, Ricardo M. Reyes wrote:
> MRB> Bundling a specific version of Python in with Chandler makes perfect
> MRB> sense (thats what the Windows version of Zope does), but I think you're
> MRB> going to have to commit to not incrementing the Python version except
> MRB> for major releases.
>
> but if you commit to not change Python version until v2, what are you
> going to do if in a few months from now, a mayor bug is fixed in
> Python and you are forced to upgrade?

A bugfix only release (such as 2.2.1 -> 2.2.2) should be fine, as those
commit to maintaining compatibility (unless you were relying on the
buggy behaviour, in which case you're out of luck).

However, I would still lean toward remaining with the same release of
Python, unless one of the bugs found and fixed impacted Chandler in some
way, esp. with regard to security.

Michael Bernstein.