[Dev] Python Version?

John Anderson john at osafoundation.org
Fri Nov 8 17:18:36 PST 2002

I'm proposing that a copy of Python be contained in Chandler along with
the usual installer on Windows and the equivalent for Mac & Linux. This
way we control which version of Python is used, it doesn't collide with
other versions which may be installed and my Mom doesn't need to know
anything about Python to use Chandler. Of course, developers can use any
version they want -- but they'll have to know what they are doing. Each
version of Chandler will specify a minimum version of Python, which will
increment in subsequent releases.

John Anderson