[Dev] contributing code back to other projects?

John Anderson john at osafoundation.org
Fri Nov 8 13:34:31 PST 2002

Kevin:

Our success critically depends upon open source technologies, which
currently have lots of problems, so we definitely need to work on them
to make improvements. For example, I've already discovered that Python's
distutils doesn't work with the latest Microsoft compilers. So I fixed
it and submitted a patch. There are also lots of problems with
wxWindows, for example XRC can't represent a toolbar with a non-default
bitmap size or text, so I had to fix the code. There's lots of work to
be done on wxWindows for the Macintosh. I'm trying to get all of the
changes folded back into the projects as soon a possible.

John Anderson
Open Source Applications Foundation