[Dev] 4Suite RDF and ZODB

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com
Tue Nov 5 11:38:51 PST 2002

> > I don't have much experience with Redfoot.  Also, I have a lot of
> > respect for the guys behind Redfoot: Tauber and Eikon.  Unfortunately,
> > these facts mean I'll be weasling out of answering the question  :-)
>
> I have a lot of respect for Uche and not much experience with 4Suite so
> I'm in the same situation :-)
>
> I will say some things about Redfoot, though.
>
> As I mentioned in a previous post, one of my original visions for Redfoot
> was as an RDF-based PIM.

[snip]

> >From my point of view, the OSAF is fulfilling what I originally wanted
> Redfoot to be, so I wouldn't mind OSAF taking over the Redfoot work.

This is interesting.  Given this, and the fact that Eikeon has already done
the work for RDFLib/ZODB integration, it sounds like a good way to go now.
I'll watch closely.  I've long wanted to find a good way to find some
collaboration between 4RDF and Redfoot, and this might be the right focal
point for it.  Probably all I need to do is write a 4Suite driver for
RDFLib-in-ZODB data.  My main worry about this is that it seems RDFLib does
not provide some sort of context/scope extension to RDF.  We've found this to
be essential in 4Suite, and very important for practical RDF apps.

Python&XML column: 2. Introducing PyXML - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/09/25/p
y.html
The Past, Present and Future of Web Services 1 - http://www.webservices.org/ind
ex.php/article/articleview/663/1/24/