[Dev] RDF/Presentation Architecture Suggestion

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com
Tue Nov 5 10:36:00 PST 2002

> At 2002-10-31 07:04, Bruce Dykes wrote:
> >All I expect from Chandler the application is a clean
> >divorce between the presentation layer and the process
> >layer.
> I'm not sure what role RDF will play in Chandler. But one possibility
> would be to have an "RDF Layer" that deals with the storage and
> transportation (to PDAs, for example) of general RDF, and a "Presentation
> Layer" that interprets the RDF as events, people, email etc. and presents
> it to the user.
> The advantage of this is that new RDF applications can easily be
> integrated. For instance, I might want to use Chandler to organise my CD
> collection: I only need write the code that presents a user interface to
> the RDF assertions that represent my data.

And I can't help pointing out that if one ever do decides to do this, he would
find a lot of the good stuff is already available at MusicBrainz:

Python&XML column: 2. Introducing PyXML - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/09/25/p
The Past, Present and Future of Web Services 1 - http://www.webservices.org/ind
The Past, Present and Future of Web Services 2 - 'http://www.webservices.org/in
Serenity through markup - http://adtmag.com/article.asp?id=6807